1. One of my favorites things to do is organizing get togethers.
2. Wal and I met when we both joined a social club in Greenwood, SC. If you’re thinking Buena Vista think again.
3. When I was a little girl my mother would lose me on a regular basis. It wasn’t her, it was me. I would wonder off all.the.time.
4. When I was 10 my best friend Paula and I stole some lip gloss. The manager saw us and chased us shouting that he knew where we lived. We were soo scared he would find us that we both cut our long (down to our butts) hair. The Monday after our ‘theft’ be both sported fab Dorothy Hamill hair cuts (and some bubblegum scented glossy lips).
5. While living in Greenwood I lived in 7 house/apartments in 8 years.
6. Since 1995 this is the longest I have lived in one place. It’s been 2 1/2 years.
7. I never attempted to buy alcohol until I was all legal. I ordered a scorpion bowl at a Chinese Rest. They didn’t check for ID. It was then that I realized I could have been drinking sooner.
8. I did however take some birthday money and treat all the neighborhood kids to penny candy from the candy store. $40 goes a long way when you’re buying penny candy. I was nine. My mother was NOT amused.
9. I am first generation Portuguese American. I hold dual US and Portuguese citizenship.
10. My family is loud, loving, they bicker and tease and shout. I have spent so much time on my own that I now find it difficult to be surrounded by them for very long. The chaos gives me headaches. This makes me sad.
11. I have a cookbook addiction.
12. I also have a kitchen gadget addiction.
13. I have a BSc in Psychology– what a waste of time it is. I should have gotten something a bit more practical. I wish someone had warned me.
14. I sometimes find it incredible that I am a stay at home mom. I believe I am a good mom. My daughter is almost always smiling and loves to kiss and hug.
15. The summer I was 12 my best friend and I ate pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
16. My favorite non-alcoholic drink is coffee milk. I love Autocrat Coffee syrup. If you know what that is you know where I’m from.
17. I used to live in very high heels.
18. I can’t play any instruments or carry a tune.
19. I’m afraid of skiing and yet I’m going skiing in March ’08. In FRANCE where they have really HIGH mountains– EEEK!! I went skiing for the first time and loved it. There were many tears but the fun factor was greater than the fear factor.
20. I have asthma and almost died 3 times before the age of 5.
21. I’m very very short– 5′
22. I’ve dyed my hair every color and loved it best when I was blond.
23. I secretly want to sail around the world with Wal and Squidge.
24. When I started school I didn’t speak English. Now I can barely have a conversation in Portuguese– this makes me very very sad.
25. I would love to make a living as a photographer.
26. I’m thinking about writing a cookbook.
27. I miss my best friend every single day.
28. I wish I was motivated to lose 20 lbs.
29. I had a recurring dream that ended up being a memory I had forgotten.
30. I thank my lucky stars every day that I met Wal and that he is my best friend (but not best friend from #27).
31. I’m a liberal.
32. Being a stay at home mom was not the career path I envisioned for myself.
33. I worry that no one will hire me when I go back to work– I’ll be at least 42 (if I have another baby).
34. I’m hoping to get knocked up this fall (2008).
35. I used to smoke and stopped when I got pregnant with Squidge.
36. I once went to the ER with severe back pain– I couldn’t moved and had to be wheeled in. Turns out I just needed to take a MAJOR dump.
37. I giggle whenever I thing Squidge is going to have an English accent.
38. I’m from New Bedford, MA and PROUD. All you bastards that go ‘Oh’ in your patronizing way when I tell you where I’m from can KISS MY PORTUGUESE A$$.
39. I love being crafty.
40. 2007 I conquered my fear of baking.
41. I’m a good cook.
42. I love living in Manchester. I just wish the summers were sunnier.
43. Driving on the left still freaks me out sometimes.
44. My thumb is a nice shade of green.
45. I’m hoping I turn into an eccentric old lady.
46. I’m looking forward to being old enough not to give a rats a$$.
47. Sometimes I physically ache with love for Squidge.
48. I secretly hate that Squidge is apparently the spitting image of her paternal grandmother.
49. I once hit a kid with my car. In my defense he did dart from between some parked cars. He just rolled across my windshield and kept on running.
50. I love to travel
51. I’m a cat person
52. The older I get the more I realize I’m a snob. I’m ok with this.
53. I’m a carb junkie
54. I force myself to eat some fruits and veg because of Squidge. I don’t want to pass on any of my food hang-ups
55. I try to never say would have, should have, could have about major things in my life. I try to not have any regrets and I stand by my decisions. I might not be happy with the outcome but the decision was made and hind site will kill you.
56. Very often I would be completely and utterly in love with a boy only to introduce them to one of my friends and then have the boy tell me he thinks my friend is hot and could I fix them up.
57. I want to be tall and leggy and flat chested. I’m the exact opposite.
58. My daughter is named after a character in a JD Salinger short story. Any guesses?
59. I always worry that I have offended my friends. Except Wendy because she knows me so well and just gives me sh!t if I say or do something stupid.
60. My favorite movie of all time is To Sir, with love.
61. I haven’t ridden a bike since I was 17.
62. I peed my pants on an amusement ride once. I haven’t been on one since for fear it will happen again.
63. While living in SC I would get so bored that I would go to Wal Mart and fill my cart up with things I wanted then just abandon it. Woohoo fun times!
64. I am the oldest of 3. I’m 6 years older than my sister and 10 years older than my brother.
65. I always think that people dislike me.
66. In elementary school I was bullied into being nasty/hurtful/horrid to a friend by a bully. The next day no one was talking to me because of what I had done. The freeze out was initiated by the same girl that had bullied me into saying those nasty things. It was the single.most.scaring episode of my school career. I still regret what I said to that girl and think of her whenever I visit my hometown.
67. I can’t eat cold fruit. I think it’s unnatural all fruit should be room temperature.
68. When I was 20/21 I stole my best friends boyfriend. I could not help myself. I have never or since felt an attraction to someone as great as I did for him. He turned out to be a bit crazy (mental!!) and stalked me when I broke up w/ him. I still regret it to this day. It was the first time I realized I had it in me to be a truly horrible person. My bf and I are no longer bf, not because of her but me. She forgave me but I have yet to forgive myself.
69. I rode a bike for the first time since 1987 this past summer (2009). It felt amazing and I wondered why it took me so long to get on a bike!
70. I’m running a military style 10k this spring! I’m a little shocked that I’ve agreed to it and will let you know how that goes!
71. Working on self confidence. I had it once. Now, not so much.
72. I’ve very partial to gin and tonics.
73. I’ve also been know to drink some red.
1. One of my favorites things to do is organizing get togethers.